Door locks are an essential safety feature in your home. It’s important to make sure they are all functioning properly to prevent break-ins and unwanted guests in your home. You may not realize you need a door lock replacement until it is fully broken or non-functional. Here are the top signs you need a door lock replacement.
- You Have Older Locks – If you have older locks, you may want to consider a door lock replacement. Even if your current locks work fine, burglars are always coming up with new ways to intrude, and older locks are typically the easiest to break into.
- Wear and Tear – If you notice that your locks are experiencing a lot of wear and tear, you probably need a door lock replacement. When a lock has a lot of traffic each day, it will deteriorate over time.
- You’ve Had a Recent Break-In – The most common sign that your locks need to be replaced is a recent break-in. This not only shows you that a burglar can bypass you locks and access your home, but the burglar most likely damaged your locks during the process.
- Your Keys Have Been Lost or Stolen – If your locks have recently been lost or stolen, you have no idea who’s hand they may have fallen into. Replacing your locks will ensure that only you have control of who goes in and out of your home.
- Your Neighborhood Has Had Recent Break-Ins – If your neighbors have recently experienced a break-in, you might want to double check your security system and make sure your locks are all working properly. It’s not uncommon for a burglar to hit several homes in a community, so make sure your home is kept safe with functional locks.